Catherine Reviews..

Thursday, December 20, 2012

YSL Touche Eclat & Benefit Boi-ing Concealer



As the southern hemisphere descends more into summer the hotter weather has made my skin oiler with the advent of a few spots here and there. This means that I need to use concealer more often, especially because I loathe wearing foundation during the day whenever the mercury climbs over 30 degrees C.

The two I've been using are the famous YSL Touche Eclat in no. 2 and Benefit Boi-ing Concealer  in 01.

YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch Highlighter Pen: 
Ok so, this is technically not a concealer per se, it's a highlighter pen that is supposed to brighten the face. However, it does conceal under the eye circles really well and the best part is that it does not crease on me. I use it to brighten the whole eye area and I also use it around the nose to tone down any redness there. This particular shade is good for cancelling out redness because it's quite a neutral/yellow-y tone unlike the original which I believe is more pink.

Benefit Boi-ing Concealer:
This concealer claims that it is industrial strength and it does cover pretty much anything. The beef I have with this is that it creases like a mofo and it's also a bit cakey. I absolutely cannot use this under my eyes or around my nose as it just settles into the smallest line or gathers around the edge of the nose.  It looks shocking. As a blemish concealer it does it's job though so I will probably use this up (I've hit pan on it so far) but I don't think I will repurchase.

What are your favourite concealers?  Do you prefer a different one to conceal blemishes and to conceal under the eye?

No comments:

Post a Comment